Monday 28 February 2011

Riding a foreign wave (cont.)

Part 3: Watch out for rogue waves!


Innocent excitement over time would become cynism. Not that I'm saying I becoming a paranoid person, just more mature. What remains impressive to me is the civilised manner things are dealt with, or at least some efforts are exerted towards that ideal. But the question is, could too much politeness actually be a mask for insincerity? Could there be ulterior motives behind acts of kindness? 


In this material world, especially with the current economic climate, money appears to gain more and more value over everything else. As far as one sees the potential of money inflow, then talking can begin, or resume. If not, expect to hear apologies and warnings of backing off. Too much fairness can sometimes be harsh. 


Sympathy, or to be exact, empathy, is what I need to survive amid the foreign ocean. And sometimes communication breakdown, cultural differences or just personality disparities lead to lots of frustration. But one thing for certain, whatever happens, I have to keep sailing. I'm the captain of my own ship. I chose the itinerary and I must learn to toughen up along the way. 
Willpower does!


There are only storms in your mind!

No comments: